Currently, Tuloso-Midway ISD serves more than 3,800 students on five campuses: Primary, Intermediate, Middle School, High School and Academic Career Center as a year round school district. We have the greatest Teachers & Administrators in the State of Texas and are very proud to be part of the Annaville & Clarkwood Community.
TEA Recognized Campuses, Early College High School program, gifted and talented program, State ranked fine arts & performing arts program.
The Beginning of TMISD
Tuloso-Midway Independent School District traces its history to 1887, when a schoolhouse opened on an acre of donated land in the Tuloso area. Murdock, the school's first teacher, conducted classes for nine students during a six-month term. The school building was on the south side of UpRiver Road, east of what is now Suntide Road.
The first Midway school was established in 1914 on a site on Turkey Creek across from Guth Park. That school was relocated during the 1920s to the south side of UpRiver Road on acreage now bordered by McKinzie Road and Carbon Plant Road. Across the road from the school was Charles McKinzie's store. The new Primary School occupies a site within 300 feet of the location of the 1914 Midway schoolhouse.
In 1938, the Tuloso and Midway communities combined, forming the Tuloso-Midway School District. The Tuloso-Midway Independent School District came into being in 1947. The district had its first graduating class, consisting of five students in 1949. In May 1969, Tuloso-Midway ISD absorbed the Clarkwood ISD and the Violet Common School District, resulting in the creation of the Tuloso-Midway Consolidated Independent School District. A year later, the name changed back to Tuloso-Midway ISD.