District of Innovation
The 84th Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1842 in the spring of 2015, providing public school districts the opportunity to become a District of Innovation.
By being a District of Innovation, Tuloso-Midway ISD can better ensure that our shared mission of educating every student to be a lifelong learner, a person of integrity, and a positive contributor to society will become a reality for every student in our district. The purpose of the local innovation plan is to provide a framework that opens the door for increased flexibility in meeting the academic, social, and emotional needs of all Tuloso-Midway ISD students.
Tuloso-Midway ISD can now take advantage of the following exemptions:
- State Certification Requirements for Teachers and Other Educators
- Teacher Probationary Contracts
- Designation of Campus Behavior Coordinator
- Minimum Attendance for Class Credit or Final Grade
- Class Size and Student/Teacher Ratio
- Inter-district Student Transfers