Out of District Transfers
2021-2022 OUT-OF-DISTRICT TRANSFER INFORMATION
TMISD is currently accepting transfer applications for 3rd thru 12 th grade.
(Kindergarten thru 2nd is still closed for transfers)
Transfer application packets will be available for pick-up at:
TMISD Administration Building
9760 La Branch
Corpus Christi, Texas 78410
Transfers are considered on a case-by-case basis. Transfers are approved for the applicant student only. District approval of a transfer creates no right or expectation that another student from the same family will be admitted as a transfer.
July 5th thru July 9th:
Campuses will accept completed transfer application packets, along with all supporting documents, and are to be submitted to the campus according to the student's grade.
Your application will not be considered complete until the following items have been submitted:
- Final report card and or Transcript
- STAAR Performance Report (Pending 2020-2021 STAAR Results)
- Discipline Record (If no discipline record, a signed letter by campus administrator)
- Attendance Records
- Immunization Records
- Original Home Language Survey
- Any other legal documents pertaining to student (if applicable, Special Ed, 504, ESL/Bilingual)
TMISD does not grant out-of-district transfer request for any of the following reasons:
- To avoid disciplinary actions in another district
- During an expulsion term of the student
- To participate in UIL varsity athletic or academic extracurricular activities
- For Pre-Kindergarten or Academic Career Center
- Homeschooled student who have not attended the prior year at the public school in their home district
We encourage you to make arrangements to enroll your child in the district that you reside, in case your child's application for Out-of-District transfer for the 2021-2022 school year is not approved.
Further questions can be directed to Chrissy Castillo at 361-903-6402 or via email at email@example.com