CHILDRENS INTERNET PROTECTION ACT-REQUIREMENTS
The Internet safety policy must address all of the following issues:
· Access by minors to inappropriate matter on the Internet and World Wide Web
· The safety and security of minors when using electronic mail, chat rooms, and other forms of direct electronic communications
· Unauthorized access including "hacking" and other unlawful activities by minors online
· Unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal information regarding minors
· Measures designed to restrict minors' access to materials harmful to minors
For schools, the policy must also include monitoring the online activities of minors. Note: beginning July 1, 2012, when schools certify their compliance with CIPA, they will also be certifying that their Internet safety policies have been updated to provide for educating minors about appropriate online behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, cyberbullying awareness, and response.