CTE Advisory Committee
Federal and State Laws mandate the creation and use of advisory committees. The Carl D. Perkins Law Section 122(c)(5) states that a school must create a plan that “describes how the eligible agency will actively involve parents, academic and career and technical education teachers, administrators, faculty, career guidance and academic counselors, local business (including small businesses), and labor organizations in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of such career and technical education programs” The Texas State Plan for Career and Technical Education additionally states that “Texas requires that eligible recipients annually evaluate their CTE program. Texas school districts have local advisory committees for CTE that are involved in decisions related to the implementation, improvement and evaluation of CTE programs.”
Goals and Purpose
It is imperative that education, business, industry, and community members collaborate so that Career and Technical Education programs can perform the functions for which they were designed. The Advisory Committee is the vehicle by which the district develops this communication.
The goals of the Committee are to:
- Advise the district in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the district of current job needs and the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the district.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet it's goals.
- Enhance political and community support of career and technical education.
Serving on the Committee:
- Use your industry to enhance Career and Technical Education in Tuloso-Midway ISD by serving on our advisory committee. The advisory committee consist of business partners and community members who review program offerings and advocate for CTE.
If you would like to join the Tuloso-Midway ISD Advisory Committee, please complete the Tuloso-Midway ISD CTE Advisory Committee Invitation form.